Pilot reported ‘difficulties’, asked to turn back: Ethiopian Airlines.
The pilot of a Nairobi-bound Boeing 737 that crashed six minutes after takeoff from Addis Ababa on Sunday, had alerted controllers “he had difficulties” and wanted to turn back the plane, the head of Ethiopian Airlines said.
The pilot “was given clearance” to return to Addis, Chief Executive Officer, Tewolde GebreMariam told journalists in the Ethiopian capital when asked whether there had been a distress call.
It is reported that all 157 people on board have died.
The plane is reported to have carried passenger from at least 33 countries.
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- No survivors among 157 aboard Ethiopian Airlines flight involved in fatal crash
- What Ethiopian Airlines pilot said before the plane crash
- Passenger forces a Hawaiian Airlines flight to return to Honolulu
- What do Boeing 737 Max crashes mean for plane firm?
- UK, more countries grounding Boeing 737 Max 8 planes after Ethiopian Airlines crash
- Pilot of the crashed Ethiopian Airlines plane untrained on 737 MAX simulator