The first A350-900 for Cathay Pacific Airways has completed its maiden flight in Toulouse, France. The aircraft will now enter the final phase of production including cabin completion, further ground checks and test flights before being prepared for delivery in the second quarter of the year.
The aircraft will be the first of 48 A350 XWBs acquired by Cathay Pacific. Cathay Pacific’s A350 XWB fleet will include 22 A350-900s and 26 of the larger A350-1000s, for operation on long- and medium-haul services.
Bringing new levels of efficiency and comfort in the long range market, the A350 XWB family will be especially well suited to the needs of Asia-Pacific airlines. Firm orders from carriers in the region for the new aircraft already total 241, representing over a third of total sales for the A350 XWB to date.
The A350 XWB is the world’s latest generation airliner and the newest member of Airbus’ modern, comfortable & efficient widebody product family. It features the latest aerodynamic design, carbon fiber fuselage and wings, plus new fuel-efficient Rolls-Royce Trent XWB engines. Together, these latest technologies translate into unrivalled levels of operational efficiency, with a 25 per cent reduction in fuel burn and emissions, and significantly lower maintenance costs.
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- Turkish Airlines announces a commitment to order 20+5 A350s
- Cathay Pacific to start longhaul A350-1000 ops in late 3Q18
- New A330-800 starts final assembly
- Cathay Pacific takes delivery of 50th Boeing B777-300ER
- Airbus releases results of orders and deliveries in August
- Airbus’ A350-1000 test aircraft MSN071 completes fuel system and engine tests