Saudi Arabian law enforcers have detained two Biman Bangladesh crew members with banned drugs on them from a Riyadh hotel.
Biman Bangladesh Regional Manager in Saudi Arabia Aminul Islam confirmed that the two had been detained.
Yaba (File Photo)
“The narcotics squad of the Riyadh police detective branch received a tip that the two were in possession of yaba,” Biman Public Relations Division General Manager Shakil Meraj told.
“It has not been confirmed whether they were in possession of yaba or Viagra. But we have heard that they were carrying banned drugs.”
A Yaba tablet sells for Tk 2,000 in Saudi Arabia.
The two Biman workers went to Saudi Arabia on Feb 27, Meraj said.
Shishir joined Biman two years ago, while Arif Pathan joined a year ago.
Bangladesh Ambassador to Saudi Arabia Golam Moshi has been contacted regarding the situation, Meraj said.
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- Why Bangladeshi pilgrims get double charged during Hajj?
- Holy City of Makkah is leading hotel development in Saudi Arabia
- Cost of migration to Saudi Arabia swells for male workers
- Biman to hire Malaysian aircraft for Hajj flights
- 104 out of 635 Hajj agents get Biman’s pilgrim air tickets
- Biman advises Hajj pilgrims to collect tickets today