American Airlines flight canceled after pilot arrested.
An American Airlines flight bound for Philadelphia was canceled after one of the pilots was arrested on suspicion of alcohol intoxication.
The airline confirmed to USA TODAY that the incident involved “a member of its crew at Manchester Airport” in England Thursday. The name of the pilot has not released.
“The employee was detained and the flight, AA735 to Philadelphia, has been cancelled,” a statement from the airline reads. “We have rebooked (passengers) on alternative flights.”
Greater Manchester Police told the Manchester Evening News that they followed up on reports that a pilot my be under the influence: “Officers attended and a 62-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of performing an aviation function when over the prescribed limit of alcohol.”
“He has since been bailed pending further inquiries,” authorities said.
In a statement, American Airlines apologized to customers for the delay, adding that “safety is our highest priority.”
“We are fully cooperating with local law enforcement and further questions should be referred to them,” the airline concluded.
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- Emirates pilot grounded after refusing alcohol test
- American Airlines passenger pees on another passenger’s luggage mid-flight
- American Airlines flight makes emergency landing after hitting sign
- Flight attendant accused of reporting to work 4 times over alcohol limit
- Man, 52, dies on American Airlines
- American Airlines Sends Dog to the Wrong City