American Airlines flight canceled after pilot arrested.
An American Airlines flight bound for Philadelphia was canceled after one of the pilots was arrested on suspicion of alcohol intoxication.
The airline confirmed to USA TODAY that the incident involved “a member of its crew at Manchester Airport” in England Thursday. The name of the pilot has not released.
“The employee was detained and the flight, AA735 to Philadelphia, has been cancelled,” a statement from the airline reads. “We have rebooked (passengers) on alternative flights.”
Greater Manchester Police told the Manchester Evening News that they followed up on reports that a pilot my be under the influence: “Officers attended and a 62-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of performing an aviation function when over the prescribed limit of alcohol.”
“He has since been bailed pending further inquiries,” authorities said.
In a statement, American Airlines apologized to customers for the delay, adding that “safety is our highest priority.”
“We are fully cooperating with local law enforcement and further questions should be referred to them,” the airline concluded.
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- Drunk American Airlines co-pilot thrown of the plane in handcuff
- Emirates pilot grounded after refusing alcohol test
- American Airlines Apologizes After Kicking Mom & Baby Off Flight
- China Airlines pilot is caught SLEEPING in the cockpit
- Air India, Jet Airways pilots suspended for flying drunk, both repeat offenders
- American Airlines flight diverted to Chicago after bathrooms become unusable