Boeing 737 Max 8 grounding costs airlines $350m.
The two largest operators of the Boeing 737 Max took a combined $350 million third-quarter hit from the worldwide grounding of the aircraft.
Southwest Airlines, which has 34 of the jets, said yesterday that the grounding knocked $210 million from its third-quarter operating profit, as American Airlines, which has 24 of the aircraft, reported a $140 million hit.
Two of the aircraft crashed, in October 2018 and March this year, killing a total of 346 people.
Gary Kelly, 64, chairman and chief executive of Southwest, said that the company’s financial performance was “notable” given the disruptions caused by the Max grounding. “We are engaged in discussions with Boeing regarding compensation for damages related to the Max groundings,” he said. “We expect the damages to continue…
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- Will Boeing Compensate For 737 MAX Disruption?
- Southwest Airlines grapples with Boeing 737 Max groundings
- 13 Chinese airlines seek compensation to Boeing
- American to take $350 million hit from 737 MAX
- Explaining American Airlines Gung Ho Attitude on the 737 Max
- More Chinese Airlines Seek Compensation From Boeing