Southern Airways announced the launch of its interline agreement with American Airlines today. This means passengers can book a seamless travel experience from DuBois, Johnstown or Altoona to any of American’s destinations across the globe @WJACTV
The new agreement will allow passengers to book one ticket at any of the three locations to any final destination to which American Airlines flies.
This would mean one check-in at the local airport for the entire trip and that checked luggage will be delivered at the final destination.
The announcement comes days after it was revealed that all three airports could lose support of their commercial airline services after the U.S. Department of Transportation sent a tentative order saying they had violated terms of the Essential Air Service Program.
Officials said the new agreement with American Airlines, which has been in the works for a year, is one of the many improvements Southern Airways has made to the local airports and should lead to increased passengers.
All three airports have sent a waiver for an extension to the DOT and are hopeful initiatives like these will see those waivers granted.
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- Republic in deal with American Airlines to revise CPA
- Etihad axes Dallas route from late 1Q18
- Jet Airways ends American Airlines partnership
- Etihad Airways to suspend Abu Dhabi – Dallas Fort Worth route in 2018
- Southwest Airlines to fly to Hawaii, but no flights from LAX
- LATAM – American Airlines tie-up gets nod from Brazil