Jet Airways founder Naresh Goyal questioned by ED.
This is the first time that the central agency is grilling him after it conducted searches against him last month
Goyal’s statement has been recorded under the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) at the agency’s zonal office here, they said.
A dozen premises, including Goyal’s Mumbai residence, his group companies, their directors and offices of Jet Airways, were searched in August.
According to agency sources, the businessman’s empire had 19 privately-held companies, five of which were registered abroad.
The agency is probing charges that these firms allegedly carried out “doubtful” transactions under the guise of selling, distribution and operating expenses.
It suspects that expenses at these companies were allegedly booked at fake and high costs and as a result, they “projected” huge losses.
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- Jet Airways founder Naresh Goyal controls 19 firms
- Delhi HC refuses to grant urgent relief to Jet Airways founder
- Etihad, Hindujas & AdiGro may join forces to rescue Jet Airways
- Jet Airways Crisis: Oil Companies Stop Fuel Supply
- Jet Airways shares rise by 5.32% after Naresh Goyal’s exit
- Naresh Goyal to quit as Jet Airways chairman as airline grounds six more jets