Singapore Air picks crucial fight against Emirates.
By Anurag Kotoky, Manish Modi and Kyunghee Park
Singapore Airlines Ltd. just picked a fight with Emirates in a grab for India’s international travelers, and a slice of one of the world’s fastest-growing aviation markets.
Singapore Air’s unprofitable Indian venture Vistara completed its first overseas flight — between New Delhi and Singapore — on Wednesday. It’s the start of an uphill battle against Middle East airline giants, led by Emirates and Etihad Airways PJSC, that dominate India’s offshore routes.
For Singapore Air, ambushed all over Southeast Asia by budget airlines, the prize is clear. The number of passengers in India will more than triple to 520 million by 2037, the International Air Transport Association says. And of the 63 million people that flew to and from the country last year, two thirds were carried by foreign airlines.
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- Vistara signs codeshare pact with Singapore Airlines, SilkAir
- Air India Express starts Dhaka-Kolkata flight today
- Scoot launches Singapore-Thiruvananthapuram flight services
- ‘Kamascootra’ is ready for fly: Singapore Airlines’ budget carrier adds new Dreamliner to fleet
- Singapore Airlines to operate 4th weekly frequency from Ahmedabad
- Singapore Airlines, Scoot flights affected by closure of Pakistan airspace