United Airlines pilot charged after failing alcohol test.
A United Airlines pilot appeared in court in Scotland Tuesday, charged with being over the alcohol limit as he prepared to fly to New Jersey.
Glendon Gulliver was charged under the Railways and Transport Safety Act, but did not enter a plea. The 61-year-old pilot was granted bail by a judge at Paisley Sheriff Court near Glasgow.
Gulliver and his 45-year-old co-pilot were arrested Sunday on suspicion of being under the influence of drink or drugs.
The flight, UA162 from Glasgow Airport to Newark, New Jersey, was canceled after the arrests.
One of the two United AIrlines pilots arrested in Glasgow, Scotland, over the weekend of suspicion of intoxication as been charged.
The other pilot was released without charge before Tuesday’s hearing.
The alcohol limit for pilots is nine micrograms of alcohol in 100 milliliters of breath – less than half the 22 micrograms limit for drivers in Scotland.
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- United Airlines pilots accused of intoxication before flight
- American Airlines flight canceled after pilot arrested
- Air India Woman Pilot, Cabin Crew Member Fail Alcohol Test, Grounded For 3 Months
- Flight attendant accused of reporting to work 4 times over alcohol limit
- South African Airways Demands Former Pilot Pay Back Millions
- United Airlines to hire 10,000 pilots over next decade