Emirates and Airbus firmed up an earlier Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and signed a contract for the 20 additional A380s with a further 16 options to be confirmed at a later date. The total agreement for 36 aircraft is valued at $16 billion (US) based on latest list prices. Deliveries are to start as early as 2020.
The agreement was signed at the World Government Summit by HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman and Chief Executive, Emirates Airline and Group; and Mikail Houari, Airbus President for Africa and Middle East. HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, ruler of the Emirate of Dubai and Edouard Philippe, Prime Minister of France were also present.
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- Emirates orders 36 A380s worth US$ 16 billion
- Dubai Airshow: Emirates signs MoU for 40 Boeing 787-10s
- Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum receives VIP visitors from Ghana
- Dubai Airshow: Emirates Flight Training Academy officially inaugurated
- Emirates orders two new A380 aircraft
- Emirates targets 70 million passengers and more than 300 aircraft by 2020