In a statement, the government said the company would have an authorised share capital of EUR70 million (USD84 million). Given its intention to acquire landing and take-off slots, the firm is legally required to pursue an Air Operator’s Certificate (AOC).
“This strategy supports the government’s objective to transform Air Malta into the airline of the Mediterranean,” the state said.
Under the arrangement, Air Malta will then lease the slots from Malta Air Travel Ltd. at an agreed commercial fee for a long-term period.
Earlier this year, chairman Charles Mangion said among the more valuable slots to be transferred to Malta Air Travel Limited would be those at London Heathrow and London Gatwick.
Air Malta currently serves thirty-two destinations across seventeen countries including the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Morocco, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Ukraine, Portugal, France, Spain, Russia, Czechia, Israel, Tunisia and Austria.
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- Air Malta to hive off London slots in 1Q18
- Etihad Airways denies Air Malta equity investment report
- Afriqiyah to wet-lease a turboprop from Medavia
- Hijackers of Libyan Jet Surrender After Releasing Passengers and Crew
- Wizz Air acquires a number of Monarch’s London Luton slots
- BA to boost leisure flights from Gatwick