According to the newspaper, carriers have been allowed to reduce fares on the most competitive routes by up to 10%, effective immediately.
The move is intended to increase airlines’ competitiveness against the rapidly expanding high-speed rail network.
According to the ch-aviation capacity module, the largest operators of Chinese domestic services are China Southern Airlines, China Eastern Airlines, and Air China with 16%, 14.1%, and 10.3% market share by capacity respectively. After the announcement, share prices of each of these airlines went up by over 10%. Other significant players on the domestic market include Hainan Airlines, Xiamen Airlines, and Shenzhen Airlines.
The most competitive Chinese domestic services include Beijing Capital-Shanghai Hongqiao with seven airlines offering 295 weekly round trips, Shanghai Hongqiao-Shenzhen with seven airlines offering 280 weekly round trips, and Beijing Capital-Shenzhen with eight airlines offering 258 weekly departures.
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- China Eastern, Xiamen Air denied extra Taiwan traffic rights
- Spring Airlines starts third route to Malaysia
- New Beijing International Airport to Host China’s Top Airlines
- Taipei warns Chinese carriers against using border routes
- Chinese airlines’ widebody orders signal China’s expanding impact on global aviation
- China inks liberal air service agreements with EU, UK