The acquisition was first announced as a Letter of Intent (LOI) during the 2017 Dubai Air Show.
EgyptAir Express will take delivery of the firm CSeries jets from 2018 to 2020 while the purchase rights, if exercised, would be for delivery between 2020 and 2026. Collectively, they will be used to replace the regional carrier’s fleet of twelve EMB-170s, which are due to be phased out over the course of 2018 and 2019.
“We selected the CSeries aircraft because its excellent range will allow us to best serve domestic and regional destinations, including neighbouring Arab cities, the Middle East as well as several European destinations,” Safwat Musallam, chairman and CEO of EgyptAir Holding Company, said in a statement.
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- Dubai Airshow: Bombardier signs with EgyptAir for up to 24 CS300s
- EgyptAir Express to go with C-Series for E170 replacement
- Latvia’s airBaltic to replace Q400s with more CSeries
- SaudiGulf to wet-lease capacity as CSeries talks continue
- Embraer delivers 35 commercial and 24 executive jets in 2Q17
- EgyptAir to retire 25 aircraft in 2018