LGW – Luftfahrtgesellschaft Walter (HE, Dortmund) has added a first A320-200 to its fleet in the form of D-ABNT (msn 2562). According to Skyliner Aviation, the former Air Berlin jet was first deployed into service for Lufthansa Group’s Eurowings (EW, Dusseldorf) budget carrier on Tuesday, December 5. The aircraft is part of a quintet to be based out of Cologne for LGW use.
Until this move, LGW’s fleet had consisted entirely of Dash 8-400 turboprop equipment.
In its bid to placate European Commission (EC) antitrust concerns and finalize its acquisition of Air Berlin units LGW and Niki, Lufthansa has reportedly agreed to cede certain slots controlled by either carrier.
According to Reuters, Brussels’ concerns stemmed from the overlap of activities on over 100 routes operated by Niki and LGW. On around half of those routes, the airlines’ combined market share would exceed 60%, while on some routes Lufthansa would also have a monopoly.
These concessions in hand, the EC is now expected to make its decision concerning the deal on or before December 21.
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- EC approves Lufthansa/LGW tie-up
- Eurowings details wet-lease plans to replace Air Berlin lift
- Eurowings cancels 300 flights in Winter 2017/18
- Ryanair wants all of Air Berlin, not Lufthansa’s leftovers
- Three carriers in talks with Air Berlin – Winkelmann
- Air Berlin’s Leisure Cargo bought by Zeitfracht Group