DHL Express has taken redelivery of its first, and the world’s first, converted A330-300(F). Elbe Flugzeugwerke (EFW), the joint venture between ST Aerospace and Airbus, handed over D-AAEA (msn 116) to the German logistics specialist during a ceremony last week.
The delivery comes following the aircraft’s successful completion of test flights in October and awarding of the Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) in November. In terms of operations, CargoFacts has confirmed the aircraft is being operated for DHL by ASL Airlines Ireland (ABR, Dublin Int’l) on a CMI basis.
“DHL Express is very excited to be bringing the first A330-300 P2F into commercial operation within our international air network,” said Geoff Kehr, SVP, Global Air Fleet Management, DHL Express. “The first aircraft is scheduled to strengthen our Asia Pacific air network, bringing added capacity and increased efficiency to a market where we are seeing dynamic express volume growth.”
DHL Express has firm orders for eight A330-300P2F units in total, with options for an additional ten.
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- Atlas Air warms to A330P2F as B767 pool shrinks
- Qatar Airways Cargo launches additional Pharma Express flights
- Express Air Cargo adds maiden aircraft
- STO Express to develop Budapest as a cargo hub
- Empire Aviation Group inducts Bombardier Global Express XRS to its fleet
- ZITA Aviation Training adds new Part-147 type training course for Airbus A330 engineers