Having concluded scheduled flight operations on Sunday, October 29 with flight UA892 Seoul Incheon-San Francisco, CA, the carrier conducted a farewell service – UA747 San Francisco, CA-Honolulu – on Tuesday, November 7 using N118UA (msn 28811).
According to the ch-aviation aircraft database, since the delivery of N4703U (msn 19753) on June 30, 1970, United has operated a total of twenty-three B747-100s, six B747-200Bs, and forty-four B747-400s.
As it stands, Delta Air Lines (DL, Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson) is the only remaining mainline operator of the B747 in the US with six B747-400s still in service on its Detroit Metropolitan-Seoul Incheon, South Korea, route as well as on charter services. The quadjets are due to be retired from scheduled service on December 17 with similar farewell flights to follow thereafter.
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- Delta Air Lines ends B747 operations
- UPS Airlines adds maiden B747-8 freighter
- Qatar Airways adds maiden B747-8 freighter; orders B777s
- Kenya’s Astral Aviation switches B747 freighter provider
- Russia’s Volga-Dnepr Group to establish EU-based carrier
- Silkway West Airlines commences freighter operations to HSIA