Indonesia’s Lion Air Group has announced it has entered into a strategic partnership with PT West Java International Airport (BIJB) following the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) this week by PT BIJB President Director, Virda Dimas Ekaputra, and Lion Air Group President Director, Edward Sirait.
Located on the northeast coast of West Java, West Java Kertajati International Airport will replace Bandung Husein Sastranegara Airport as the region’s primary gateway. Upon its completion later this year, it will feature a 96,000sqm passenger terminal capable of handling an annual throughput capacity of 5.6 million passengers, a 230,000sqm apron, as well as two runways measuring 3,500m and 3,000m. It is expected to open to traffic during the first half of 2018.
“This can certainly improve connectivity and expand access to several domestic destinations in Indonesia and even international destinations,” Sirait said in a statement. He added that will Lion Air Group will use the airfield to boost its coverage of West Java.
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- Two aircraft collide on runway in Jakarta during takeoff
- UK’s Atlantic Airlines switches main hub to East Midlands
- Airport Show to showcase airport expansion plans in Middle East Posted 14 December 2016 ·
- Silkway West Airlines commences freighter operations to HSIA
- Qatar Airways launches daily flights from Cardiff
- West Atlantic Group may seek equity investors