Yemenia (IY, Aden) has confirmed the suspension of flights for a third staright day following the placement of an embargo over Yemeni territory by Saudi-led coalition forces.
In a statement issued via social media, the carrier said that as it had not been granted operating permits by the coalition, it was suspending all operations until further notice.
Yemenia conducts flights to and from the coalition-controlled airfields of Aden (serving Khartoum, Jeddah, and Amman Queen Alia) and Seiyun (serving Cairo Int’l).
Saudi Arabia imposed the blockade, which covers air, sea, and road access, on Monday, November 6, two days after Saudi forces shot down a rocket fired at Riyadh Airport by Yemen-based Houthi guerillas.
A statement issued by the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) did not specify the duration of the embargo.
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- New Saudi domestic airline Nesma to launch in November
- Saudia announces increase of flights to Los Angeles
- New Saudi Arabian airline gets operating license
- Turkish Airlines expands into KSA as Arabs seek out Turkey’s property mkt
- Saudia launches twice-weekly service from Manchester to Riyadh
- flydubai resumes direct Sylhet flights in March