Alkan Air (Whitehorse) has established a maintenance and operations base at Nanaimo, BC, a city on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. According to the Times Colonist newspaper, the facility features an 840sqm hangar and MRO facility to cater to the three aircraft based in Nanaimo – a Beech (twin turboprop) King Air 200 and Beech 1900D used for charters and a King Air 300 used for air ambulance services.
In terms of services, Alkan Air’s Nanaimo services include medevac (offered in partnership with LifeSupport Transport) as well as charter flights catering to mining and exploration industry workers flying to Watson Lake in the Yukon from Nanaimo. It has started a charter service on the Island as well.
From its main hub at Whitehorse, Alkan Air also operates a fleet of various Cessna Aircraft Company turboprops and piston-driven aircraft.
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- Australia’s Rossair Charter to resume ops, partners AusJet
- Falcon Aviation expands maintenance service centre capability with Pilatus PC-12
- Business aviation operator Silver Air intends to add a BBJ
- BAM eyes Rise flight ops in Texas
- DC Aviation Al-Futtaim to offer jet fuel from its hangar facility at Dubai South
- Southwest to build an MRO hangar at Houston Hobby