The Guwahati-bound flight from the city was delayed by around two hours following a unanimous call saying a bomb has been planted in the plane, airport officials said.
The AI-729 flight from Kolkata to Guwahati with 114 passengers on board was scheduled to fly from the Airport at 9:50 AM.
However, shortly before that, a phone call came to the airport duty manager’s desk and a female voice informed him that a bomb has been planted in that flight, the officials said.
The plane was immediately taken to the isolation bay and passengers were offloaded.
Security and bomb squad personnel checked the plane but nothing was found, the officials said.
The plane finally took off at 11:45 PM, delayed by an hour and 55 minutes.
The is the second incident of hoax call to the airport this month. Three phone calls had been made threatening to blow up the airport on September 7.
Two days later, another unanimous call was made to the state secretariat, ‘Nabanna’, threatening to blow it up.
এই বিভাগের আরও সংবাদ :
- Turkish Airlines flight evacuated after suspicious note found in toilet
- Passengers escape unhurt as Air India flight’s tyre burst while landing at Srinagar airport, flights cancelled
- Yangon-bound Air India flight delayed due to missing crew
- After being delayed for 13 hours, Air India flight finally lands at IGI airport
- Air India grounds flight after detecting punctured tyre
- Air India flight for Delhi aborts take-off at Vijaywada due to technical fault